David (Lynn) Berst was my friend, and he died this past Sunday from cancer, in St. Louis. I was his Durable Power of Attorney and have been taking care of his affairs since early 2011. He was 77 and a believer in Christ, and attended Amazing Grace Fellowship where my brother-in-law and sister pastor. For his funeral, which was Wednesday morning, he desired these things to be shared with his loved ones. As he neared death, he spoke them to me, and I wrote them down. I DECIDED to also share them on a blog entry as a way of tribute to our friendship. Interestingly, my deceased spouse, who I cared for as he neared death from cancer too, was also named David Lynn. I figure that’s a “God Thing”!
- Agree with God! Amos 3:3
- Say what God Says about you…make it a daily practice.
- Faith is a way of life…a movement is when you have to go to the bathroom! Creflo
- You can receive what you believe and speak Mark 11:23
- You can change anything with your words…yet you can’t take them back.
- As you set aside time for the prayer and the word daily, by all means, be diligent to speak God’s words daily!
- The more time you spend in this practice, the better for you.
- Be consistent! Don’t skip days!
- Let God’s word do the work for you!
- Life and death is in the power of the tongue. Let’s speak life!
- With the Increase of our lips we shall be filled.
- I am a Joint Heir with Christ.
- Jesus and me are One Spirit!
- I am seated with Christ in heavenly places.
- I have been blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ.
- I have been delivered from the power of darkness and have been translated into the kingdom of light.
- Jesus not only defeated the Devil but made a show of him openly triumphing over him.
- The name Jesus is above and greater than all names of diseases, sicknesses, leaders, everything! Use it!
- There is now no fear in me, for he has given me power, love, and a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7
- I now have Wisdom. Righteousness. Redemption.
- All the promises of God are yes and amen in Christ. II Cor 1:20
- God watches over His Word to perform it. Jeremiah 1:12
- What time I am afraid I will trust in Him. Psalm 56:3
- Whatever I bind on earth (declare illegal and improper) God binds in heaven. Whatever I loose on earth, God looses in heaven. Matt 16:19
- No weapon formed against me shall prosper and ever tongue that rises against me in judgment I will condemn. Isaiah 54:16, 17
Note: This is as he spoke it, in one sitting, even giving me the references!
To all this I close with this passage of my own that I was given at my husband’s death and find applicable to David Lynn, my friend, as well:
57 The righteous perish,
and no one takes it to heart;
the devout are taken away,
and no one understands
that the righteous are taken away
to be spared from evil.
2 Those who walk uprightly
enter into peace;
they find rest as they lie in death.