Clearly, “at the appointed time” The End of all things will come.
And clearly, The Living God knows the endings from the beginnings…and future history has been determined even as we live in the today of our own individual lives. The triumph that comes from trusting in what God has revealed of what the future holds, is what I want you to know!
I just read through the book of Daniel today in my bible …a very difficult-to-understand book, but I want to record some simple truths to share with you today, regarding The End of All Things. Why? Because I think a godly perspective gives understanding, wisdom, and focus, and some of you may not have visited this book for awhile.
I am not going to focus on Daniel or his life…but rather share insight into “The End”…which was revealed to him by God, and is shared with us who are living in “today”! Yes, much understanding is actually sealed up until the end, but as time unfolds we gain more and more momentum, and more can be understood as time seems to be accelerating. I don’t know the interpretations to these visions, for they remain a mystery to me in many ways, but TODAY, you and I can know some powerful simple truths about what’s coming and what’s ahead for us, that can strengthen us immensely!!
It was God who showed these things to Daniel, who recorded the visions of what was to come forth in the future, though they troubled him, making him physically ill. He wrote down the revelation and made it plain, and now we have it to give us “encouragement” to face our future.
Rest assured, NOTHING in modern time is a surprise to God. Nothing that will happen in the future will be without his foreknowledge. He KNOWS what’s what, people! And it is all predetermined! But how “you and I” fit into this Eternal PLAN, is really up to us. And how we walk our daily walk can be determined by our gaining some understanding into the future. Ignorance of spiritual truth and lack of knowledge regarding God’s plan can be very costly to a person and a nation!
First let’s see what simple truths Daniel shares about The End:
The END includes:
- A kingdom which shall not be destroyed…it is everlasting. (It is the Kingdom of God.)
- A dominion that endures to the end…forever! (It is the rule and reign of Jesus, the Christ, the Son of the Living God.)
- Jesus Christ is given by God…dominion, glory, and a kingdom…that all peoples, nations and languages will serve him! … it’s an everlasting dominion!
- God has a 1000 thousands serving him and 10,000 ten-thousands standing before him as the court is seated, and the books are open. Is your name written in the Lamb’s Book of Life? What is being recorded in the books about you?
- The kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, shall be given to the Saints of The Most High!
This is the end of the matter, Saints! God’s Kingdom and Christ’s dominion is everlasting, and WE WILL INHERIT THIS KINGDOM!
What an awesome and incredible future awaits us all! We have no reason to be sad, worried, fearful, depressed, or confounded. We have been told OUR FUTURE!!
So what will happen up until the appointed time?
- The people who know their God shall be strong and carry out great exploits!
- Some with understanding, will fall… to refine them… purify them… make them white…until the time of the end, because it is still for the appointed time.
- There will be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation even to that time. And at that time God’s people shall be delivered... everyone who is found written in the book… and many who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake… some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
- Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament…those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever. (I.e. We will be glorified! at least those who are WISE and TURN MANY TO RIGHTEOUSNESS will be!)
- Many will be purified, made white, and refined …but the wicked shall do wickedly… and none of the wicked should understand… but the wise shall understand.
So, as you can see, trouble will continue…such as the world has ever known… the wicked will remain wicked and not understand what’s what… but the WISE WILL UNDERSTAND. What? That THE END has already been determined by Almighty God! And we are already a part of it… those of us who believe in and follow Jesus, who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and the only way to the Father!
Do not fear what the future holds, brothers and sisters in Christ. Just as Daniel never feared standing up for God though he was thrown to the Lions and lived among foreigners, don’t fear being thrown to the Lions of modern day. But Fear God, who has the power to save or destroy…which choice is yours: To believe in Jesus and his death and resurrection and coming again, and look forward to his everlasting Kingdom, which all believers are now a part of? or to live for yourself and care nothing about the end of time, refusing to repent or turn toward God, and just “going along with the crowd” to destruction. This will lead to “everlasting destruction” eventually.
The End will come, you see, at its appointed time.
I for one, am happy God’s Word clearly tells us the VERY END OF TIME will come at its appointed time, so we can make it through all that happens between now and then by staying IN CHRIST and Believing In His Eternal Kingdom. Then no matter what happens to our earthly nation…be it the USA, or another nation of the world… and no matter what happens to us individually as far as how we would die or suffer, we KNOW an eternal kingdom awaits The Saints of God, and we need not live in fear. Ever! We can be REJOICING even now, for we know what The End includes! God’s got this!!!
This will take faith on the part of the Saints. And it may mean making a stand, as Daniel did in his day, as he was surrounded by people who served other gods. His life was in danger, yes! Yet, His Faith led to others coming to the True and Living God, and our faith will do the same!
Here is a verse in the New Testament that simply confirms what God showed Daniel in the old testament: Colossians 1:9-13
9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and long suffering with joyfulness; 12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us qualified to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.
Accept Christ – And inherit His Kingdom! It’s as simple as this friends. He paid the cost to redeem you from the Kingdom of this World, and deliver you out of darkness… Just receive what He did for you. Then live for him… as the verses above describe. You’ll be SO TRIUMPHANT if you simply ABIDE IN CHRIST!!
Written by Beth Ann Smith
Please check out the archived articles tab above for additional spiritual insights. And if you enjoy music, check out http://www.bethannsmith.com for songs of discipleship and instrumentals of peace.