The USA has been responding to God as the nation of ancient Israel did, right before their Enemies were made to Rule Over Them. God has not changed, and has given to us an incredible warning passage, Psalm 106, that holds key observations and similarities between our nations. It reveals their actions and his responses, so we can literally learn from ISRAEL, what NOT to do.
The first verse assures us that God’s mercy is always and forever available to us, for He is a Good God. Oh how wonderful it would be, if we would each respond as God desires us to, so we can collectively keep ourselves as a Nation Under God, Indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all. Clearly we need to turn toward Him to stay in our blessed state of existence, for justice and righteousness are the foundation of his throne. There is no liberty or justice apart from God. It is a deadly lie of the modern world that liberty is “apart from” submission to our Creator and King. He is our supreme authority at all times, and His Word reveals His Will.
HERE IS MY OUTLINE OF THE CHAPTER – PSALM 106
Praise the Lord, for He is Good…for His Mercy endures forever!
- Who can utter the mighty acts of the Lord? Who can declare all his praise?
- Blessed are those who keep justice and he who does righteousness at all times!
It is interesting that a prayer begins the chapter, as the nation’s sins are then acknowledged, for future generations to see, and to learn from. We can learn from their mistakes, from seeing God’s responses, and how godly men can indeed “intervene” when sin is standing in the way of God’s merciful nature and turning him toward wrath. Clearly, as scripture says, “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much!”
The remarkable prayer that begins the chapter:
“Remember me Lord with the favor you have toward your people…
visit me with your salvation…
that I may see the benefit of your chosen ones…
that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation…
that I may glory with your inheritance.”
Now let’s observe what the people did against God….that we may learn… and turn:
- sinned with our fathers
- have committed iniquity
- have done wickedly
- did not understand your wonders
- did not remember the multitude of your mercies
- instead… rebelled against God
- soon forgot his works
- did not wait for his counsel
- lusted exceedingly in the wilderness
- tested God in the desert.
- And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their soul.
- envied leadership and spoke against their spiritual authorities, Moses and Aaron.
- The earth opened up and swallowed Dathan and Abiram, and fire burned up the wicked.
- exchanged their glory (God), for an image of an ox that eats grass
- forgot God and his works and awesome things done
- Therefore He said that He would destroy them.
- But Moses stood in the breach, interceded, and turned away his wrath
- Therefore He said that He would destroy them.
- despised the “pleasant” land
- complained in their tents
- did not heed the voice of the Lord
- Therefore He raised his hand in an oath to overthrow them in the wilderness.
- joined themselves to Baal, and ate sacrifices made to the dead
- provoked him to anger with their deeds
- Therefore a plague broke out
- And Phineas stood up and intervened in the plague was stopped
- The plague was stopped and that intervention was accounted to him for righteousness.
- Therefore a plague broke out
- angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses on account of them..
- they rebelled against His Spirit so that he, Moses, spoke rashly with his lips. (leaders are held accountable by God as they lead; he wasn’t allowed into the promised land, that he led them to)
- did not destroy the peoples, concerning whom the Lord had commanded them.
- mingled with the Gentiles (those who did not know or follow Jehovah)
- learned their works and served their idols, which became a snare to them.
- sacrificed their sons and daughters to demons..shed their blood to idols of Canaan, polluted the land with blood.
- were defiled by their own works.
- played the harlot by their own deeds.
- Therefore the wrath of the Lord was kindled against his people, so that he abhored his own inheritance.
- He gave them into the hand of the Gentiles and those who hated them ruled over them.
- Their enemies also oppressed them and they were brought into subjection under their hand.
- Many times he delivered them, but they rebelled in their counsel and were brought low for their iniquity.
- Nevertheless, he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry, and for their sake he remembered his covenant and relented according to the multitude of his mercies.
- He also made them to be pitied by all those who carried them away captive.
The Chapter ends with another remarkable prayer:
Save us, oh Lord our God… and gather us from among the Gentiles… to give thanks to your holy name… and to triumph in your praise!
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting!
And let all the people say, Amen.
Praise the Lord!
NOW… Why is all this shared? Because I have GOOD NEWS and I have BAD NEWS:
The GOOD NEWS is...Jesus took God’s wrath upon himself, so if you repent as an individual of any of these sins listed in Psalm 106, and believe Jesus took away God’s wrath toward you, you can rest at ease and pray for the nation to turn toward God too. Even in this chapter we see clearly it is God’s desire to extend Mercy over Judgment.
YET, THE BAD NEWS is.…He who does not Believe the Son shall not see life but the Wrath of God abides on him. And the wrath of God IS revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness. God has indeed made The Truth evident to mankind of how He looks upon ungodliness (evil behavior) and unrighteousness (believing we are good and righteous in our own right or that there is another way to reconcile with God.) Take a look at the detail of these verses in the pictures:
Friends, Christ is the GOOD NEWS amidst THE BAD NEWS. Always was and always will be THE ANSWER for an individual’s sin problem!
So…What About The Nation ? The USA? and it’s sins collectively???
We have been met with great mercies, yet the Lord is calling for individuals to come to Him, and as he “collectively sees” hearts after Him, he can hold back wrath. If, however, we are as Israel, and continue in our rebellious ways, collectively as a Nation, we can expect nothing else but God’s Wrath to be extended upon the USA. We have indeed committed the same sins as Israel, his chosen people did. They started out blessed and delivered, as the USA has… but they were brought into captivity and judgment. What will be Our Fate as a country? If we are the same toward GOD, as Israel was in days of old, then we know we will be taken captive by our enemies.
Can YOU make a difference? Yes, of course!!!
Come to Jesus and be reconciled to God! Repent of sin and receive sweet cleansing and reconciliation to God through Christ. In Christ is everything you need! Ever! Be saved. Be water baptized to identify with Him, and ask Him to baptize you with His Spirit to receive power to go through the end times now upon us, and to be his witness! His Word will be a lamp to your path, and his hands will take a hold of yours and lead you…as his Spirit comes to dwell within you. Trust and obey Him. As you align yourself to Him, you will receive such a sweet abiding presence of His Spirit within you, and will be just fine, no matter what the future holds.
Only God knows whether we have, as a Nation, tipped the scales toward his wrath… so Today, If you Hear His Voice, Harden not your heart. Your being saved as “an individual” whether you live or die, is what is important right now. Cry out to Jesus, and God will be be reconciled to you through Jesus’ blood. He is The Way! And YOU become the righteousness of God in Christ, and He will no longer see your unrighteousness, but His Son’s Righteousness in you.
Amen. Truly the Good News for a nation and an individual is Christ!! For the wrath of God was turned away, as the love of God gave us Christ, who took the wages of sin upon Himself, that those WHO BELIEVE IN HIM MIGHT BE SAVED!