Years ago the Lord spoke the words to me: “Ask not, is my agenda God’s? Ask, rather, Is God’s agenda mine.”
The Lord also highlighted the scripture, Isaiah 50:10-11, Who is among you that fears the Lord? that obeys the voice of his servant? (Jesus) that walks in darkness and has no light ? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God! Behold, all of you who Kindle a Fire and encircle yourself with Firebrands, walk in the light of your fire, and among the brands you have set ablaze. This “you” will have from my hand: YOU will lie down IN TORMENT.” Meaning we’d better pause to think and not “react” concerning any of the complex decisions to be made for ourselves and our country, without consulting the Lord God and really “knowing” what we are doing or about to do.
And I was also very aware of this verse of Isaiah 48: 22, “There is no peace for the wicked” says the Lord.
“So anyway this morning the Lord melted these verses together in my heart, and then He began to speak to me of individuals and nations in light of the current world scene. I am simply sharing what I feel the Holy Spirit shared with me, in my OWN words, and not that of someone else, except God’s, through scripture. After all I am to be “a witness”.
Some confusion comes to all of us, throughout the world, leaders and ordinary folk alike, for each nation we speak of has both good and evil within it, for there are good and evil people within it. Not all the people of France are good and not all are evil… not all the people of Syria are good and not all are evil, and not all the people in the US are good and not all are evil. Same is true of each and every nation, including Israel.
It is when a nation collectively, as a whole, represents their GOD, that then “the distinction” of the NATION itself is declared to The World.
The USA, in the past, was always represented as a righteous God-fearing nation, swift to punish evil, and swift to provide aid to the oppressed, etc. In recent years other nations have come to look at us as away from God and reprobate in morals and values, and not aligning ourselves with the God of our founding fathers of the USA… i.e. God and Jesus and Holy Spirit with the bible and constitution as our guidebooks. This is the same God who has declared Israel as His Chosen People, the God is Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the founders of The Faith. Our main leadership doesn’t appear to be representing it’s people… or do they? Are we turning toward God or are we turning away from God, collectively as a nation? At the present time, I think only God himself, who sees the heart of each one in the USA, knows the answer to this question presenting itself. It is only as we make the choice and declare our allegiance through word and actions that we collectively begin to see WHO we are as a nation. This is what is happening now, and it is not to be feared. We have been paralyzed in indecision as a country for too long.
What happens when we go after evil as a nation, is that the whole nation is affected…both for good or bad. Innocent are killed while doing nothing, and innocent are killed by doing something! Either way! and that is what brings complication! Man cannot sort out the good and evil individuals…only God can! When we see them as evil or good we can determine them by their fruits, so an evil man will “become visible eventually”. The warning is, that evil men may not display the evil immediately…but eventually they will. We’re talking the individual with his evil heart…a heart that is set against the one true God and disobedient to His Words. Evil men are within the USA, just as they are in Syria.
God himself declares in Isaiah 45:22-25 “TURN TO ME, AND BE SAVED, ALL THE ENDS OF THE EARTH. FOR I AM GOD, AND THERE IS NO OTHER. I have sworn by myself, the Word has gone forth from my mouth and in righteousness, and will not turn back, that to me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. THEY will say of me, “Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.” They will come to him. And all who were angry at him will be put to shame. In the LORD all the offspring of Israel will be justified and will glory.
These things we know for a fact from the Word of God, and this is not “opinion”:
- God has sworn to Keep Israel. And “all the offspring of Israel” will be justified and will glory according to the verse above. SO, to make God’s agenda ours as a nation, we the United States must side with Israel and its allies. We must remain allies with Israel against Israel’s enemies.
- Isaiah 45:17 gives just one glimpse of this well-defined promise of God: “Israel has been saved by the Lord. With an EVERLASTING salvation. You will not be put to shame or humiliation TO ALL ETERNITY.” This means, if we want to stay in God’s will we will stay on God’s side! It’s quite that simple. Israel’s enemies as nations are not to be our “friends” as nations. So to not bring in Syrian refugees is to not welcome enemies of Israel. These enemies will eventually turn into our enemies, from within, if they oppose, as Muslims do, the people of Israel.
- God invites the nations to come to him, BUT IF they choose to serve a different God, than the one true God, they have made their choice. They have chosen collectively to BE Muslim and Islam countries, or Pagan, or Hindu or Buddhist countries. And USA has a choice to make too! Will we serve the ONE TRUE GOD and be preserved, or turn into a nation that serves only itself and pleasures of sin and many different gods. Our choice, as a nation, will indeed, matter, in how God protects us as a nation. We need to be praying, sharing our faith, standing up for righteousness, and asking for revival of our individual hearts and that for us as a nation.
- So what about the INDIVIDUALS? The ones Jesus died for, to give His Righteousness and Love to? Each one in every country is given free will to choose to turn to the one true God and His Christ…Jesus. No one will be turned away from the gift of salvation if they turn to Christ…The LOVER of their soul, not the TAKER of their soul. Each one, in each country. None of us is righteous in ourselves. We have all sinned and fall short. But Jesus is The Way, the Truth, and The Light, and no man comes into God but through Him. So this means then, that two things could happen:
- If the individuals of a nation, including the USA, turn toward God…If the numbers do, as in a revival…they can overcome their enemies within their own nation, through Christ. In other words, if enough Syrians accepted Christ, the good ones, the refugees we want to stand up for, then God would help them rise up against the evil and God would deliver them within their own countries from those that displaced them. Syrians rising against Syrians in the name of Jesus instead of the name of Allah and Mohammad. Right now, they are just destroying each other for they are all in the name of Allah, a false destructive god, whose ideology corrupts the hearts of men, and destroys its women and children. History has revealed this truth, though The Light must expose the darkness of Islam, to expose it to its deceived followers. Jesus is called The Light. He has revealed himself to all who seek Him or Truth, for he is The truth.
- And the USA, collectively, has a choice to make too! Will we serve God or turn into a nation that serves only itself and pleasures of sin and many different gods, including pride in ourselves as a country even without God. We have our own civil war going on, even amongst our leaders. Let’s listen to those who are trying to turn this nation back to God! This calls for serious prayer and involvement on the part of the Saints. Our choice, as a nation, will indeed, matter, on individuals’ choices…in how God protects us as a nation. We need to be praying, sharing our faith, standing up for righteousness, and asking for revival of our individual hearts and that for us as a nation.
- Even Israel, to know the salvation of the God who calls them His People, must come to recognize THEIR MESSIAH, has already come, and is Christ Jesus the Lord. He, when recognized by Him, will rise up with zeal and take over as Lord of Hosts. He is waiting on His own People to leave behind their rituals and traditions and to recognize who Jesus really is. He came to individuals, who make up nations, and so GOD THE FATHER is patiently waiting for mankind to CHOOSE CHRIST, the Lamb of God, who was slain, to remove sin, and to destroy the works of Satan.
Psalms 108 :12-13 says “Oh, give us help against the adversary, for deliverance BY MAN is in vain! THROUGH GOD we will do valiantly, and it is HE who shall TREAD DOWN our adversaries.”
This verse is applicable to nations and individuals both.
Christmas is coming. Christ was born. Simeon, declared as he held and beheld the baby Jesus, who is The Christ : “My eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the presence of all peoples. A LIGHT of revelation to the Gentiles and the GLORY OF your people Israel.”
Christ showed us all the will of his Father was to bring forth life, and that more abundant.. To heal and make whole. And He gave himself FOR MANKIND, the whole world, no respecter of persons. Love dictates what God does, as it was demonstrated in what Christ did… He was His exact representation. But evil men destroyed Christ and Satan thought he won, BUT HE DID NOT WIN! Christ destroyed death, and raised from the dead, and gives LIFE and will one day raise from the dead all those who serve God through Him. The scripture says in I John 3:8, “He who commits sin is from Satan, because Satan is a sinner from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this reason: To destroy the works of Satan.”
The declaration by angels as Christ came? “Glory to God in the highest ! and On earth, PEACE, and GOOD WILL toward men!”
Isaiah 9:7 declares: “7 Of the increase of His government and peace THERE SHALL BE NO END, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth EVEN FOR EVER. The ZEAL of the LORD OF HOSTS will perform this. “
CHOOSE YOU …THIS DAY…WHOM YOU WILL SERVE.
Joshua 24:14-15 says: 14 “NOW therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. 15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
For those “on the fence” about the need to make a choice, I want to share Malachi 3:16-18:
“Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for those who fear the Lord and who is esteem his name. “They will be mine” says the Lord of hosts “on the day that I prepare my own possession. AND I will spare them as a man spears his own son who serves him, so you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve him.”
I, for the record, STAND WITH the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob…the GREAT DELIVERER, and JESUS CHRIST…the GREAT SAVIOR…and listen to the HOLY SPIRIT, the GREAT COMFORTER. Ours is a “relationship” with a God who GAVE and didn’t take. He even GAVE his own son while we were YET SINNERS. He is long-suffering and patient with mankind, not willing that any should perish.
Who will YOU stand with?
Individuals can no longer “stand ON the fence”… we each MUST CHOOSE.
One must ask his or her self , Who IS “MY” God?
If I choose Christ, I cannot side with the “other god.” I cannot serve God and mammon… I cannot serve God and Islam… I cannot serve God and Satan… I cannot serve God and Evil.
For He declares, “THERE IS NO OTHER”.
God himself declares in Isaiah 45:22-25 “TURN TO ME, AND BE SAVED, ALL THE ENDS OF THE EARTH. FOR I AM GOD, AND THERE IS NO OTHER. I have sworn by myself, the Word has gone forth from my mouth and in righteousness, and will not turn back, that to me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. THEY will say of me, “Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.” They will come to him. And all who were angry at him will be put to shame. In the LORD all the offspring of Israel will be justified and will glory.”
Seems to me, one key is illuminated now, isn’t it?
Shared by Beth Ann Smith, 11-19-2015, just a middle-aged ordinary woman, who seeks truth and loves and worships her God, and has no agenda, but to be obedient and faithful TO CHRIST the Lord.
For more spiritual discipleship, check out her archived articles in the tab above, or her discipleship music and music which imparts peace at http://bethannsmith.com.